Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Strawberry Oreo IceCream Cake



Here's a recipe that a friend of mine gave to me last year. It's super delicious, and now the strawberry picking season is in, I thought I'd share it with everyone in case they go strawberry picking this year with their family and little ones.

Directions:

- Line a 8X4 inch loaf pan with tin foil (I use a glass pie plate)
- mash 2 cups strawberries in large bowl, stir in one can sweetened condensed milk and 1/4 cup lemon juice
- stir in one cup cool whipped topping to mixture and pour into pan
- chop about 8-10 oreo cookies into small pieces, add 1tbsp butter or margarine and mix
- place cookies over mixture in pan
- cover cookie mixture with tin foil and gently press cookies into mixture
- freeze 6 hours or until firm
(I skip the remaining steps because I just keep the cake in the freezer and take a slice whenever someone at home wants one)
- invert dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve
- remove tin foil. Spread 1/4 cup cool whip on top and sides of dessert
- slice 2 cups of strawberries and arrange on dessert

(Source: a friend)

1 comment:

  1. I made this today! Gonna try it tomorrow insha Allah.

    ReplyDelete